The patient will be advised to:
- Wear a compression bandage or sports bra for support and positioning of the breast implants.
- Patients will be able to return to work within a few weeks.
- Avoid strenuous activity, straining, bending and lifting for at least two weeks.
- Common complications like swelling, bruising, soreness and numbness might last for 4- 6 weeks and medications will be prescribed by the surgeon to help in relieving such complications.
- Patients will be advised to use silicone tape or gel on their incisions to promote healing.
- Instructions will be given by the surgeon to promote normal and fast healing. Also, patients will be instructed on how to take care of the wound's bandage and drainage pipes.
- In the follow-up visit, the surgeon will remove stitches and check the healing process.
- Contact your surgeon as soon as possible in case of redness, soreness, fever, shortness of breath or chest pain is experienced by the patient.