● Gastric pill balloon pre-procedure instructions
○ The patient is advised to eat and drink according to the instructions given by the clinical team.
○ The patient will be asked to adjust or stop ongoing medications before the procedure.
○ The patient will have to start a physical activity regimen for enhanced results or lose weight.
● Gastric pill balloon post-procedure instructions:
○ The patient is advised to drink small amounts of clear liquid starting about 6 hours after the procedure and continue it for the next 4-7 days. After 7 days the patient can start eating soft foods.
○ The patient can eat normal food after around 3 weeks after the procedure.
○ The patient is advised to take prescribed medications in case of nausea, abdominal pain and vomiting.
○ The patient must follow and adopt an active and healthy lifestyle for effective results.
● In case of severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and other abnormal symptoms contact the doctor as soon as possible.
اcopyright @ medstarhc.com