A woman's life has several and important phases according to the reproductive cycle and age. Each phase is unique and requires proper care and medical attention. It can be either the start of adolescence, pregnancy, menopause or postmenopause, all need health care. At our Obstetrics and Gynaecology department, we have a complete care package, required infrastructure and experienced doctors for the good health of women in all stages of life.
● In females, adolescence or puberty starts a little earlier than males, around the age of 11. At this age proper guidance, education and support help girls to overcome the fears and confusions regarding changes in their body and when they are counselled by experienced doctors, it changes the perspective of the patient in a positive way.
● Most of the women suffer from premenstrual and menstrual cycles symptoms like pain, cramps, bleeding and abnormal frequency of cycles. These symptoms are normal but if they are worsening then they might be related to medical issues and require medical care.
● The most important part of a women's life is pregnancy requiring both physical and emotional support and care. During pregnancy, several tests, vaccinations, supportive care and risk assessment are needed for the good health of the mother and child.
● Medical care in pregnancy can be divided into:
○ Pre-pregnancy care: It includes the medical planning of pregnancy and the doctor will prescribe supplements and lifestyle modifications according to the medical health of the patient for positive results.
○ Antenatal or prenatal care: It is also known as pregnancy care or maternity care that includes health care during the pregnancy before the birth of the baby. It is recommended to start antenatal care as soon as the pregnancy test is positive.
○ Post-natal care: This is the health care provided after the birth of the baby. It includes proper monitoring and health check-ups of the mother and baby for 6-8 weeks after birth.
Menopause is the mid-life phase indicating the end of the reproductive years of a woman confirmed by the absence of menstrual cycles for 12 months. Most of the females suffer from menopause symptoms like hot flushes, vaginal dryness, mood changes etc. and can be relieved by medical treatment.
After menopause women suffer from health problems due to hormonal imbalance and ageing. During this life phase, medical attention is required for the prevention of medical conditions and good health of women.
● Our clinical team is well experienced in guiding and counselling female adolescents to make them aware of the health issues related to puberty and female hygiene.
● Abnormal and severe symptoms of menstrual cycles are diagnosed and treated accordingly, like:
○ Severe pain and cramps
○ Abnormal bleeding
○ Irregular menstrual cycles
○ Urinary infections
○ Treatment of severe premenstrual symptoms
All tests, vaccinations and health care are included in pregnancy care. It can be divided into:
● Pre-pregnancy care includes lifestyle modifications, supplements and medical care if needed before conceiving.
● Antenatal care aka prenatal or pregnancy or maternity care is the health care provided during the pregnancy for the good health of the mother and baby. It starts as soon as the patient knows about pregnancy. It includes tests, monthly or weekly check-ups, vaccinations and scans to ensure the health of the baby and mother.
● Postnatal care aka postpartum care is required to support the patient both physically and emotionally after the birth of the baby. This period lasts about 6-8 weeks and the patient is advised to take rest, a healthy nutritious diet and vaginal care.
Peri-Menopause and Menopause
● Menopause is the normal and natural process marking the end of the reproductive phase of a woman. But due to hormonal imbalance in the body, it can cause:
○ Irregular menstrual cycle
○ Vaginal dryness
○ Hot flashes, chills and night sweats
○ Sleep problems
○ Mood changes
○ Weight gain
○ Hair loss and dry skin
○ Loss of breast fullness
● Lifestyle modifications and preventive health care help with complications of menopause. We provide the full range of health screening tests and solutions to menopause-related concerns of women.
● The post-menopause period is a relatively no worry period for women but reduced female hormone levels can lead to heart diseases, urinary infections, vaginal atrophy, bone disorders and poor metabolism.
● To prevent such complications we provide:
○ Pelvic exams
○ Pap smear annually
○ Gynaecological screenings
○ Cancer screenings
○ Osteoporosis tests
● Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is the medical option for replacing female hormones progesterone and oestrogen to prevent health risks in patients suffering from post-menopause.
At MEDSTAR, our female patients get the advantage of experienced gynaecologists for the best treatment of female problems. We provide complete health care for females going through various phases in life with the help of the latest medical treatments and screening tests under one roof in Dubai.
Most women ignore their problems while giving preference to their family or work. They keep pushing these problems until they get complicated. To avoid serious complications it is advised to get regular health checkups and screening tests. These help in preventing and treating medical conditions related to females irrespective of age. All females going through adolescence, pregnancy, menopause or post-menopause need physical and emotional support to ensure good health and a stress-free mind.
© 2021. All Rights Reserved