●Veneers are thick and opaque covering of a tooth, prepared in the dental lab.
●Lumineers are ultrathin and translucent cover bonded with the tooth.
●They are bonded to the tooth permanently.
●They are reversible, meaning they can be removed anytime.
● Being 1.5 mm thick.
● Lumineers are 0.3 mm thick like an eye contact lens.
● Tooth preparation is required before the placement of veneers.
●No tooth preparation is required for Lumineers making it widely known as ‘no prep’ veneers.
●Veneers can be porcelain veneers or composite veneers.
●Lumineers are made up of porcelain material only.
Both Veneers and Lumineers are tough to protect the teeth and do not stain or break easily unlike tooth enamel
● Discolouration of teeth due to stains of coffee, tea or wine or smoking
● Broken or chipped teeth
● Whitening of teeth for a smile makeover
● Unknown tooth sensitivity
● Small teeth
● The gap in between the teeth
● Smile makeover
● Consult the dentist if you are noticing stains even after regular brushing. Especially in the following cases:
○ Stains that make your smile look dull.
○ Stubborn stains due to beverages like coffee, tea or wine.
○ The stain remains caused by smoking or tobacco chewing.
○ Tooth discolouration due to trauma to the tooth or due to abnormal enamel formation can also be corrected by veneers and lumineers.
● Other than stains if you are looking for a solution to a broken or chipped tooth, a gap in between the tooth or hypersensitivity of the tooth, veneers are the best option.
● They are the first choice of a cosmetic dentist for smile makeovers.
● Veneers and Lumineers are capable of making teeth brighter and whiter. The teeth that are visible while smiling are considered for veneers and Lumineers. These teeth include incisors, canines and premolars.
● Veneers on teeth like molars, responsible for chewing and grinding the food, are not recommended. Molars are used for heavy tasks so the veneer placed can get off easily.
● If you are looking for a whiter smile without any stains or gaps or broken teeth then yes, you are eligible for veneers and Lumineers. Also, for Hollywood, pearly or bridal smile, veneers are the best option. They make the smile more white, bright and aesthetic in just 2 or 3 appointments.
Medstar is the leading dental office providing veneers and Lumineers in Dubai as we are known for quality and satisfaction by the patient. The dental office has updated brands of veneers and Lumineers available for the patient. Our dentists are skilled and experienced in enhancing the smile of the patients with the help of veneers and Lumineers. We use digital tools like digital smile design (DSD) for selecting the exact number of veneers or Lumineers on teeth required for a smile makeover. This makes veneers and Lumineers selection a result-oriented and cost-effective procedure at MEDSTAR.
Veneers being 1.5mm are opaque and can hide dark stains and they are permanently bonded to the teeth. While Lumineers are 0.3mm thick and translucent in comparison to veneers. They can’t hide dark stains but do appear more closer to the enamel of the tooth. Also, Lumineers can be removed easily as they do not require tooth preparation.
Which will be better for you will be explained by the dentist based on the case presented.
Both veneers and Lumineers are made of tough porcelain that can protect the teeth enamel without staining while maintaining the aesthetics of the smile.
After the bonding of veneers and Lumineers, you can expect the aesthetically beautiful smile as the outcome which was first envisioned in the digital smile design. Whatever the reason either stains, broken tooth or as a part of a smile makeover, the final result will be a confident and beautiful smile.
copyright @ medstarhc.com