March 29, 2017
A Breakthrough in Viscoelastic Technology for Chronic Knee Pain
A BREAKTHROUGH in VISCOELASTIC TECHNOLOGY for chronic KNEE PAIN in young and old at Medstar Healthcare Day Surgery Center
Our treatment has a Unique Molecular Structure for Enhanced Biomechanical Properties
- It is a hydrogel with greater viscosity, elasticity and joint residence time than previous generations of Hyaluronic treatments
- Increased joint lubrication with reduced friction of the joint
- Ability to withstand repeated mechanical stress like a cushion placed in the knee Long-lasting efficacy in convenient 2-5 dose regimens
- 86% responder rate at 6 months or longer
Excellent Safety and Tolerability compared to others in a non-cross-linked Hydro Gel
Our preferred choice for high-demand patients with chronic pain due to osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee or sports (dry knee).
This treatment is indicated for the treatment of pain in osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conservative non-pharmacologic therapy or simple analgesics alone.
This treatment is a breakthrough in hyaluronan (HA) based intra-articular (IA) therapy for the treatment of osteoarthritis (OA) and chronic knee pain. Specifically engineered to fulfil a need of having a true viscoelastic hydrogel that is non-crosslinked and naturally derived as it maintains enhanced properties of improved lubrication to decrease friction, exhibits greater elasticity in recovering its original structure even after repeated mechanical stresses, and demonstrates increased residence time in the knee joint.
We deliver this as an intra-articular (joint) injection in a convenient 2-5 dose regimen, with each injection given one to two weeks apart depending on each patient’s condition.
This advanced next generation treatment is a highly viscoelastic hydrogel (HYADD®4) bioengineered using a proprietary process that increases lubrication and shock absorption properties and results in a natural hyaluronan similar to the hyaluronan found in the synovial fluid present in human joints. The formulation allows the unique molecule to recover its original structure, even after repetitive mechanical stress. Due to reversible hydrophobic interactions, the non-crosslinked Treatment has increased elasticity, viscosity and residence time in the joint
Hyaluronate injections are considered medically necessary for chronic knee pain in OA of the knee’s when all of the following criteria are met:
- Documented symptomatic osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee
- Trial and failure of conservative therapy (including physical therapy, pharmacotherapy e.g., non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and painkillers have been attempted and have not resulted in functional improvement after at least 1 to 3 months or the member is unable to tolerate conservative therapy because of any adverse side effects.
Hyaluronate Injections for Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Patient has failed to adequately respond to aspiration and injection of intra-articular anti-inflammatories alone or is contraindicated for the patient’s status.
- Patient reports pain which interferes with functional activities (e.g., ambulation, prolonged standing).
- No contraindications to the injections (e.g., active joint infection, bleeding disorder).
Hyaluronic acid is essential for the health of the synovial fluid which supports the bones and joints.
Hyaluronic acid provides cushioning in the joints and helps carry nutrients to nourish and replenish cartilage.
Hyaluronic acid is essential for the structure of the extracellular matrix in the skin and to ensure that the matrix has the ability to hold onto its essential fluid – hydration of the skin.
Hyaluronic acid for supplementation is extracted from rooster combs. It is the purest form available.
Proprietary processing by a method such as a method is done to produce low molecular weight hyaluronic acid which is absorbable through the intestinal tract.
Supplementation with hyaluronic acid is crucial due to decreased synthesis or recompartmentalization of hyaluronic acid that occurs with aging.
To learn more about this, schedule a one-on-one consultation to review your symptoms, investigations and medical history with Dr. Kris & Dr. Tarek please call +971554510661 or email us at email@example.com