Listen to your Heart
Cardiology department at Medstar offers a range of services that your care plan can be just as unique as you are.If you are at risk for heart disease, a routine check-up with this specialized physician can help you to be on top of your heart health.
There can be varied reasons to consult a cardiologist including referral from your primary care physician, family history of cardiac diseases, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, your heart age being higher than your actual age, diabetes or history of smoking.
Our experts recommend the Covid- 19 survivors to get their heart checked first before jumping back into your usual routine, specifically the usual exercise routine. A regular health check is mandatory and look out for symptoms . Consult your cardiologist if you have chest discomfort, nausea, indigestion, pain that spreads to the arm, snoring, and fatigue.
Scope of Services
- Treatment for Ischaemic heart disease, heart failure
- Lipid and blood pressure control
- Exercise stress test
- Adult Congenital heart disease
- Management of pelvic variceal veins and chronic pelvic pains.
- Lower extremity variceal veins.
- Stress echocardiography.
- Pre-operation evaluation of patients undergoing surgery.
- Cardiology and exercise.