IV drips are a quicker and more efficient way of delivering essential nutrients to your body that helps your skin rejuvenate, become more glowing, and provides more vitality. The intravenous procedure acts faster than oral supplements, as it reaches the bloodstream directly and starts to act quicker. It bypasses the digestion process by reaching directly and has a faster absorption. The supplements that are delivered through the IV drips injected through the veins are rich in nutrients and contain antioxidants, vitamins, and amino acids. IV drips help in cell growth, cell repairs and new cell formation, arrest the aging process, flush out toxins, and strengthen the hair and nail. With more vitamins and nutrients received, the skin glows more with an improved skin health, tone, and texture.
How do IV drips work:
- Antioxidants like glutathione help fight free radicals. This controls tiredness and boosts energy.
- Vitamin C, D, E, K, and B together build immunity, boost cell growth, protect from UV rays, improve complexion, remove scars, and also strengthen the hair and nails giving better overall health.
- Micronutrients like zinc, copper, selenium, and magnesium promote cell growth and cell repairs.
- Amino acids improve the elasticity of the skin and promote repair and growth of skin too.
Dr. Rameesa Shaan
General Practitioner (Dermatology)
Dr. Vimi Ponnamparambath
Is IV drip safe?
IV drip is safe when performed by a clinician at a licenced medical centre. Chances are rare of having post-treatment complications but consult the doctor immediately:
- If you feel dizzy and nauseous
- If you notice swelling, bruising and itching at the site of infusion.
- Also before the procedure, always inform the surgeon about your pre-existing medical condition, medications and allergies to avoid complications.
Are IV Drip results permanent?
IV drip is an alternative to oral and dietary supplements. The difference is the bioavailability of nutrient is more than 90% for absorption by the body while in the case of oral supplements only 50% of nutrients reach the blood for further absorption. For longer results, several sessions of IV drips are required to maintain the level of nutrients in the blood.
We recommend to take initially 3-4 sessions in gaps of 3 weeks and followed by sessions every couple of months
What kind of solution is used for iv drip for skin?
The solution is specially formulated to replenish and hydrate the skin. It contains antioxidants (glutathione, vitamin C), multivitamins (vitamin A, B, C, D, E and K), micronutrients (zinc, magnesium etc), amino acids and saline solution. These nutrients help in detoxifying, fighting free radicals, promote cell growth and repair along with improved overall health of the patient.
Will it help in improving my skin?
Yes, it helps in improving the tone, texture and health of the skin. Nutrients necessary for healthy skin are provided by IV drips that are injected into the bloodstream that is readily absorbed by the body. More than 90% of nutrients are absorbed by the body quickly resulting in noticeable healthy changes in the skin.
Will it fade away acne and acne scars on the skin?
Yes, IV drip helps in the lightening and brightening of the skin. Acne scars and stretch marks are also reduced because IV drips promote new cell growth and repair of cells of the skin. It helps with fighting skin infections like acne, so improvement can be seen in cases of acne.